UPDATE - We have had to postpone this event due to COVID-19. We hope to have it take place later in the summer or fall. Everyone's donations will be honored for the postponed event.
Hello fellow riders, boys and girls, young and old! We are happy to announce the 2020 DERRICK CRANN MEMORIAL RIDE to honor our good friend Derrick on June 14th. The ride will be very similar last years Elginberg Ride, and why not? Who doesn’t want to be taken on some of the best trails in NB? This is a group ride organized by Clay’s Off Road and the New Brunswick Dirt Riders Association (NBDRA). NBDRA membership required.
Come ready for some fast, flowing, exciting trails! These are some of the best trails in New Brunswick. There is also some non-technical, fun, single track thrown in and some nice long fast up-hills for those of you who like to throw rocks. There will be a maximum of 60 riders, so sign up fast! We will be the riding Elgin, 5 points and Mill Hill area. Depending on the number of expected riders, we will have 2 or possibly 3 groups based on skill level. This year things are reversed as we will be leaving from the Goshen Snowmobile club making our way to Church’s Corner for lunch. Subs and dogs will be served, but still bring a snack if you want and of course water.
The ride will be about 120 kms plus a few (A) loops marked for those of you who like that kind of thing. There will be a gas stop, bring a clearly labelled (with your name) gas can and we will have it waiting at the lunch stop. This is not a race and everyone should plan to ride their ride. KNOBBIES are required, street legal is your choice, but at this time we do not foresee a lot of mileage on the road, maybe just to get to the trails.
Kick stand up time will be 9:00 am. You snooze, you lose. Plan to be back at the Goshen Snowmobile club between 4pm and 5pm
This ride is limited to 60 riders, first come first serve.
There will be draws for giveaways from Clay’s Off Road.
In memory of our friend Derrick, we are asking for a $30 donation fee this year. All proceeds will go to Diabetes Canada. To participate, you must be a member of the NBDRA.
All riders must be registered prior to ride and will be required to sign a waiver (the day of the ride) before riding. Ribbons for the bikes will be given out to identify registered riders.
This ride is limited to 60 riders, once we have 60 rider registration a wait list will be started.
Goshen Snowmobile club
11597 NB-114, Springdale, NB E4E 3Y4
1. Follow Trans-Canada Hwy/NB-2 W
2. Route 1 W/NB-1 W to NB-114 E in Cardwell.
3. Take exit 211 from New Brunswick Route 1 W/NB-1 W
4. Turn left on 114 drive for 3km
5. The club will be on the left
1. Follow Trans-Canada Hwy/NB-2 E
2. Take Route 1 E/NB-1 E in Studholm
3. Take exit 211 from 1 E/NB-1 E
4. Turn right on 114 Drive for 3km
5. The club will be on the left
From Saint John
1. Follow route 1 E/ NB
2. Take exit 211 from 1E/NB-1 E
3. Turn right on 114, Drive for 3km
4. The club will be on the left
Some basic rules
1. This is a group ride organized by Clay’s Off Road and the New Brunswick Dirt Riders Association (NBDRA).
2. This is a free ride so treat it as such and ride at your own risk.
3. A course has been mapped out, but always be cautious of obstacles on the trail. We only cleared what we needed.
4. We will be on open public trails and roads so always watch for oncoming traffic and always drive on the right.
5. There are only a few short paved sections, obey the rules of the road.
6. Respect other riders. If passing, make it clean and try not to roost the rider behind you.
7. If you see a rider stopped with a problem, please try and help.
8. Keep the speed down and be respectful of trail that passes through private property (houses, driveways etc. )
9. Never go backward on a trail unless you know the sweep rider has passed.
10. All trail has been marked with a double red ribbon to indicate direction of ride signage this year.
11. Riders are responsible for the rider behind them at intersections.
12. Riders with no X or Y plate, ride at their own risk. Always stop for RCMP as a group if pulled over.
13. Helmet, goggles, gloves and proper MX boots are mandatory. Other protective gear strongly recommended.
14. Bring water (other) with you and food/snacks.
15. Have a properly maintained motorcycle. Bring a spare tube and tools. Nuisance breakdowns cost us all valuable riding time. Flats are the exception of course.
16. Medical conditions of riders to be communicated where warranted. Tell a riding buddy and the riding organizers. Bring medications if felt they *may* or will be needed.
17. No alcohol or drugs permitted whatsoever. This will void our insurance and place the organizers and riders at an unnecessary risk.
18. Pick up all garbage. You lug it in, you lug it out.
19. Goon behavior not tolerated.
20. Most of all, HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE!!